When? he asked. When does middle age end and old age begin?

"When" he asked, " when does middle age end and old age begin?"

It took awhile to recover from his question.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ancient History: Beyond the Hedge; Morning Vision

10/17/06
Morning Vision

I floated upward from sleep and parted the clouds of my slumber. Feet planted on the smooth chilly bedside floor, I tested and rose to a wavering stand. Before me, the window was curtained fast. I reached out and parted the curtains.

The dawn sky was the colour of a flamingo's dreams. The crows, reversing their sunset migration, were arising from their secret places. A torrent of crows winged forth to the early morning skies. Their flight plan had them start low and then rise rapidly, directly over my house. It was as if I could reach out and touch their iridescent undercarriages.

I crouched down and sank back onto the bed. I closed my eyes to remember. Forever.

No comments: