When? he asked. When does middle age end and old age begin?

"When" he asked, " when does middle age end and old age begin?"

It took awhile to recover from his question.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Morning has Broken

I had an early morning appointment one day this week - really early. I left the house at 6:35 to catch the 6:45 bus. There isn't yet much traffic at that time of the day where I live. I was half a block away from my stop when the bus rolled on past me. Helpless, I stood annoyed for just a moment then moved on to the 24 hour convenience store across from my stop. The coffee had just finished brewing. I paid for my cup of coffee and took it across the street to wait the twenty, or so, minutes until the next bus arrived.

As I stood there warming my hands and waking my mind, a bat fluttered past. Time passed and and then the sky was cluttered with crows setting out for the day.

No comments: