When? he asked. When does middle age end and old age begin?

"When" he asked, " when does middle age end and old age begin?"

It took awhile to recover from his question.

Monday, March 13, 2017

2017-03-11 Day 14 and 2017-03-12 Day 15

Saturday and Sunday

Well, yesterday was an awesome day. I once again awoke with  smile on my face and a song in my heart, or maybe I didn't but that was the feeling I had.

I had an awesome breakfast although truth be told it's getting late and the memory is fading but it was eggs, potatoes, tomato and. . .  I can't recall but I shared it with Mr. Me which is always good. I do remember I was so satisfied that I had to remind myself about lunch and then left my rewarmed cauliflower rice in the microwave after having some of the chicken soup I have been feasting on all week. Soup is probably not the best way to to describe the bowl of carrots, mushrooms, chicken and potato that has been keeping my tummy full  various meals this week. I did come back for the cauliflower rice and added the last of the Matane shrimp and avocado.

I have also shifted my practice and am trying to get in the mindset of getting going first thing in the morning rather than sitting about until I start to feel poorly!

The best part of the day however was getting the kitchen squared away and trying out my new spiralizer!  I made my first batch of zucchini noodles! I had a few hiccups as I was working without instructions but over all it was a great success- and fun!

I puttered around in the kitchen much  of the day and made the AMAZING Romesco sauce and garlic shrimp served with the zoodles for dinner. Now I have to say it was all very easy to make and truly not a days worth of work it's just me - I tend to procrastinate when I am unsure of myself and so I paced myself over the day doing the noodles first, prepping garlic and onions,  hanging curtains - or rather chatting with a friend while she hung them for me, and going shopping and finally making the sauce up before greeting our dinner guest and  finishing up the menu. The whole  dish was amazing, such a great taste everyone raved about it, and we all agreed the recipe is a keeper.

I served ice cream to the others and had 2 more of the little date rolls with almonds  to finish my meal along with tea and coconut milk.

This morning, arrrgh this morning was NOT a continuation of the previous two. While the song was in my heart the smile was far from my heart. I had to be up early and had foolishly stayed up late and with the time change, I was down right stupid. As the morning progressed I could not stop yawning  and once my business was taken care of inspite of being  fed,  bathed, and dressed I hit the couch, noticing my face had broken out with a lovely bloom. I look as if I was outside in the cold and got a touch of frost bite.

The breakfast was a microwave poached egg, half an avocado, and a chicken meatball with mango salsa. YUMMmmmmmmm Hot water and lemon seem to be my morning friend.

Lunch was  a great salad with fruit and nuts and I know I am low on protein but I honestly had no appetite for more.

For dinner I finished off my Chicken soup- sad to see that go!

So back to the face and the exhaustion. I  did stay up late and I did not feel as bad as last Saturday but the one common thread of the two Saturdays was the shrimp -lovely big plump shrimp. I don't want to think they are connected and I did have the little bitty Matane shrimp over the course of the week.

Now some many years ago I became familiar with Yeast Busters. I did there regime a few times and it did help me with an imbalance that saw me perpetually dealing with a vag yeast infection. That  problem has subsided  with the YB regime and  changes in my personal routine but this knowledge got me to wondering if perhaps the natural sugar from the dates two days in a row might be responsible for the bloom on my face as this is one of the many things Yeast Busters talks about. There are none of the obvious indications of a visit from my old friend candida  but SOMETHING is amiss. Maybe I will just skip next Saturday altogether! The fog subsided  about 3 pm and I had a good rest of the day

. I have my shopping list ready and have picked my recipes for the coming week. I am going to steer clear of the dates for the rest of my 30 days and may try shrimp again n a few days. but not until after my dental procedure as THAT is going to through me for a loop.

I am on day 15 of 30 so my hat is off to me. It has not been hard, I have not found it challenging but maybe the date rolls are my nemesis. After the first 3 days I stopped telling myself" it's just for 30 days." Maybe I have not done this right since I didn't get into the book until the end of my first week but I am eating more protein and fats I was unfamiliar with and I have not has dairy or grain or sulphites, carageenan and  added sugars so I think I am good.

No comments: