When? he asked. When does middle age end and old age begin?

"When" he asked, " when does middle age end and old age begin?"

It took awhile to recover from his question.

Thursday, March 9, 2017

2017-03-09 Day 12

Coffee with coconut milk

Mushrooms, onions, red pepper, potato, 2 eggs cooked in butter oil and coconut oil

green tuna, cucumber, pineapple, strawberries, almond butter.

peppermint tea

mango meatballs and cauliflower rice.

I finally made time to read a bit on my Whole30 book. It seems I have been under prepared for the challenges of doing this diet but honestly perhaps I have stumbled across it at the right time fore me because I am honestly doing just fine. It's true I have looked longingly at a few things and there was that one tempting piece of chocolate I asked Ken to eat or put out of sight but truly the cravings have been okay. My mouth is simply shut.

It was very interesting to read that the discomfort and "hang over" I attributed to the Kombucha I drank on day 7 is actually typical of that point int he cycle.

Last evening after a very compliant soup dinner I had enough gas to blast me out of the chair- not what I ate it seems, but  a symptom of how far I am down the road. I can't believe I am approaching half way in the program but I am. My challenge will come at the end of 30 days  as my lack of planning means I will finish up day 30 in Toronto with a dinner engagement- it is an omelette place so I should be fine but then away for 6 day and since I jumped in with 2 feet  and no planning I did not know about the re-entry phase.

I think the easiest course may be to stay on the plan for an additional week rather than  messing up a month of  progress. Although I will be in a class all day for 4 days, I will  only be responsible for myself after that one meal and should be able to stay on the program with careful choices and the abundance of  ready cooked chicken and  bulk salads available.

No comments: