When? he asked. When does middle age end and old age begin?

"When" he asked, " when does middle age end and old age begin?"

It took awhile to recover from his question.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

2017-02-27 Day 2

Monday


clementine
2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil
cherry tomatoes
3 slices of smoked turkey
potato






chai
clementine
chicken
small salad with strawberries  and pecans
oil and vinegar


cashews
applesauce
pineapple

chicken
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes and Balsamic Drizzle
homemade mayonnaise
Cukes, snow peas, tomatoes

#whole 30
It was an oily day.
I may have made proper mayo before but I cannot recall. Today I made it and failed. That's 10 ounces of oil I'll be dowsing my salad with for the next week  or two. It looks ugly but tastes fine and it is a pleasant change from oil and vinegar.
I made clarified butter earlier int he day and used it for the Brussels and Sweets. It seemed awfully extravagant to coat my veg in it  but  the dish tasted wonderful.

After tasting coffee with coconut milk yesterday morning... I wandered the kitchen this morning wondering how to begin my day. In the end before I headed out I remembered masala chai and was pleased to find how well the flavour holds up without milk.

Day 3 is rumoured to be a difficult one but I'm hoping with my soft start on Friday and Saturday that perhaps I'm already past it.

Onward!


No comments: